Saturday, May 2, 2009

Irregular Posting

So I haven't been posting regularly. It's not that I gave up! I have been instituting cheap livin standards, up and down, that completely absorb me and leave no energy for writing, especially after spending 4 hours digging the earth. I am not inspired to type words, much less complete sentences - I just want a long hot soak!

I'm trying to integrate writing into my life gently. Part of the problem is a compulsion to research and active accomplishing, leaving little time for explanation. I sift daily through postings on other personal finance blogs I follow. Only now, have I began posting comments to participate in the larger discussion. I've stacked up some books on gardening and investing, my latest obsessions. It would be prudent to read, take notes and then get a description and analysis up, but I am just go-go, going.

I have been taking pictures of my garden experiment as it sprouts and grows and researching banks, interest rates and CD's to better serve as the recently appointed CFO of this house. I take a bow. All of our accounts are non-performing, meaning not gaining a cent, actually losing money to inflation (they didn't lose much to inflation when there wasn't any money!). I let that piss me off so I would take action and gain control of the situation. All of this is being documented in charts, graphs, diagrams, illustrations and film to share later. It also helps when making a case for certain financial allocations. I want to have plenty of information to make the decision, just like tracking my daily spending, I want to
know "where's the beef!" and where's the pork...

Ideas are coming to me all the time. They are collected on a motley assortment of paper products. Responsibility and precision are high priorities for my posts. So I want to do my best due diligence. The written expression, however, will take a some time to perfect;)

No comments:

Post a Comment